THE PROMONTORY AT SODA CREEK
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
August 6, 2019
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Dave Young, Gretchen Stubenvoll, Chan Pollock, Scott Smith, Angie Mays, Dan Fesenmeyer, Eric Helander
Other HOA Members Present: None
A quorum constituting the required Board members were present in person. The meeting was called to order at 6:35 pm on August 6th, 2019 at the Tuscany Tavern. The Agenda for this meeting and Minutes from the May Annual Meeting were approved by voice acknowledgement without discussion or objection.
- Treasury Report: Scott Smith delivered the treasurer’s report regarding financials through July, 2019. Income was in line with projections. Collections were on par with expectations, with no notable overdue dues greater than 90 days noted. Currently we are running $3,000 under budget mostly due to timing of expenses. We have $101K in reserve assets, sufficient for eventual road replacements. The financial report was approved without objection.
- On-street parking: The issue of on-street parking was brought up due to recent homeowner complaints regarding long-term parking on our streets in front of several homes. A few days prior to the meeting, a reminder had been added to the quarterly e-mail from the secretary reminding homeowners of the covenant regarding street parking (not more than 10 hours over two days) that seemed to improve the situation. The Board discussed a process for future homeowner complaints and adopted the following chain of events for habitual street parking: Neighbor has a friendly discussion regarding the covenants, Board issues a verbal warning to homeowner, Board issues a violation letter and finally, Board has vehicle towed and with bill sent to homeowner. Of course, extenuating circumstances would be considered (construction, for example).
- Garage Sale and Dumpster Weekend: Holly Richardson has stepped down as the leader of this annual event and Gretchen Stubenvoll and Angie Mays offered to co-sponsor the event in 2020, date TBD.
- Holiday lights at entrance: The Board discussed the lack of lighting during the holiday season on the Windom/Squaw Pass entrance and authorized Gretchen to contract JP Total to install them around the Thanksgiving timeframe. There are several lights and chords from past seasons held by some homeowners that will need to be inventoried. We will take up the need for the purchase of additional lights at the next meeting.
- Next Meeting: The Board set the date for the next Board meeting, November 18th at 6:30pm at the Tuscany Tavern.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 pm.
Submitted By: Chan Pollock, Board Secretary