THE PROMONTORY AT SODA CREEK
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
February 10, 2020
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Dave Young, Gretchen Stubenvoll, Chan Pollock
BOARD MEMBERS PROVIDING PROXY: Dan Fesenmeyer, Angie Mays
A quorum constituting the required Board members were present in person. The meeting was called to order at 7:15 pm on February 10, 2020 at the home of David Young.. The Agenda for this meeting and Minutes from the November Meeting were approved by voice acknowledgement without discussion or objection.
- Treasury Report: Chan Pollock delivered the treasurer’s report regarding financials through year end 2019. Income was in line with projections. Collections were on par with expectations, with no notable overdue dues greater than 90 days noted. For the year, we were approximately $5,000 under budget, with $92K in reserve assets, sufficient for eventual road replacements. Chan was submit a tentative budget for the 2020 financial year, on par with 2019 with the addition of $1,000 to decorate the entrance for Christmas again this year. No dues increases were forecasted for 2020. The financial report was approved without objection.
- Board organization: With the passing of Treasurer Scott Smith in late January, the Board named Chan as the interim Treasurer until the May Annual meeting. The Board will operate with 6 members until that time.
- Issues put before Board for
discussion: Two issues were submitted to the Board by
general HOA members via e-mail:
- Snow Removal: A member asked that we request that the snow removal company (Pine Grove Excavating) ensure that the mail boxes have the snow cleared from in front of them after the plow passes by. Dan Fessenmeyer was to contact them to make this request.
- Waste Management: Several have complained about trash and recycling removal services, having broken several alternate date pickup promises after snow on a Friday. The Board discussed and decided unanimously to put the trash services out to bid at contract renewal time.
- A complaint regarding the trailer parked at the end of the street near the Thompson residence was received. They had previously received a verbal warning. Dave to send a 2nd warning via e-mail.
- Garage Sale Weekend: Pending availability of three dumpsters, the Board set the weekend of June 6, 2020 as the annual Garage Sale and Dumpster Weekend.
- Next Meeting: The Board set the date for the Annual Meeting – May, 20th, 2020, 6:30pm at Tuscany Tavern.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Submitted By: Chan Pollock, Board Secretary