THE PROMONTORY AT SODA CREEK
ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES
November 5, 2020
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Dave Young, Gretchen Stubenvoll, Chan Pollock, Dan Fessenmeyer, Angie Fox, Cindy Middleton, Jon Foytlin
A quorum constituting the required Board members were present in person as all members were present. The meeting was called to order at 6:40 pm at the Tuscany Tavern in Evergreen, CO. The Agenda for this meeting was approved by voice acknowledgement without discussion or objection.
- Minutes from Prior Meeting: The minutes for the prior meeting were reviewed and approved without objection, a copy of which is available at the website.
- Treasury Report: Gretchen delivered the treasurer’s report regarding financials through September 30, 2020. The accounting report provided by our accounting firm represented an incorrect accrual of 4Q income against only 3 quarters of expense and as such, the financials showed an inflated amount of net income. The Board had already asked for the 3Q accounting report to be restated for our records. Income and expense was nonetheless in line with projections with snow removal being significantly over budget due to a larger than expected spring snowfall. Fall snow was running behind expectations and we’ll pick some of that back up. Collections were on par with expectations, with no notable overdue dues greater than 90 days noted. The financial report was approved without objection.
- ARC Activity: The Board discussed adding additional assistance to the ARC committee. Jon Foytlin agreed to assist. A recent HOA ARC request includes the possibility of a future fence. The covenants don’t refer to fence material or height requirements. Several Board members remembering those requirements. Chan to find the original guidance documents.
- Homeowner complaint: A Homeowner had recently requested Board assistance for a dispute with a nearby neighbor that had placed landscape boulders along the road that impeded the homeowner’s easy exit from the driveway. Gretchen and Angie looked in to it in advance of the meeting and provided an overview and pictures. It would seem the neighbor had placed the landscaping without ARC advice and was too close to road and blocking emergency vehicle right-of-way. Gretchen was to draft a letter to the homeowner for Board review requesting that the landscaping be reviewed by ARC and altered as necessary. President to send.
- Issues put before Board for discussion: Additional items discussed by the Board:
- The large tree fall that blocked the walking path on the highest common area (the hilltop) was partially removed as previously approved by e-mail Board correspondence.
- The Holiday Lights will be installed at the entrance shortly after Thanksgiving per year two of the three year contract.
- Snow Removal and Waste Management Contracts: Waste Management contract runs thru 12/21. Chan to check with Pine Grove regarding snow contract end date.
- Cindy and Angie to check in with Roxanne regarding Landscape budget and needs for 2021 and report back to Board.
- No social activities have occurred or are planned due to pandemic concerns.
- Next Meeting: The Board set the date for the next meeting – Feb 8th, 2021, 6:30pm at the Tuscany Tavern.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.
Submitted By: Chan Pollock, Board Secretary